What personally-identifiable information is collected?
Neural collects personally-identifiable information on certain areas of the Site when users register or ask for information at Neural.cl, register for Neural.cl newsletters and alerts, and participate in user posting areas (such as bulletin boards, discussion forums and surveys). The personally-identifiable information collected may consist of information that you provide, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, and background information. In addition, Neural collects certain information that you do not visibly enter, such as your IP address, browsing pattern on the Site, click stream data, HTTP protocol elements, and the status of cookies placed on your computer by Neural.
How may Neural use my personally-identifiable information?
Neural uses your personally-identifiable information to fulfill your requests for information, publish your letters to the editor or comments, process your requests to participate in conferences and events, distribute newsletters and alerts to you, personalize content that you view or receive, evaluate and improve our services, and for such other purposes as you may initiate or request. We may keep any of your personally-identifiable information on file and use it to contact you.
How are cookies used?
Cookies are small packets of information that are stored by your web browser. They are put on your web browser by the websites that you visit. These packets of information do not contain personal information about you but they do allow us to know if you visit the same website twice or if you visit related websites.
The laws in many European Union countries require you to provide a form of consent before cookies are placed on your web browser unless the cookie is necessary for the website to work.
There is no agreed standard for how companies comply with these laws. We do the following:
- We respect your wishes, and you can inspect, delete, or block any cookies used by us by selecting the appropriate control in your web browser.
- We support technologies that have been developed and are being developed for your web browser that allows you to be more selective about the cookies that your web browser will accept.
We don't seek to collect your personal information, and, where we do collect it, we strive to anonymize your personal information as soon as practicable.
What are “cookies” used for on this website?
To administer our website and for research purposes, Neural has also contracted with third parties to track and analyze anonymous usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and members. Such information is shared externally only on an anonymous, aggregated basis. These third parties use persistent cookies to help us to improve the visitor experience, manage our site content, and track visitor behavior.
Neural has also contracted with a third party to send e-mail to our registered members. To help measure and improve the effectiveness of our e-mail communications, the third party sets cookies. All data collected by this third party on behalf of Neural is used solely by or on behalf of Neural and is shared externally only on an anonymous, aggregated basis.
- “First Party” Cookie – A cookie placed by this website
- “Third Party” Cookie – A cookie placed by another domain (e.g. not this website)
- “Permanent” Cookie – The cookie information is permanently stored on your device
- “Temporary” Cookie – The cookie information is stored for a defined period on your device (e.g. six months)
- “Session” Cookie – The cookie information is temporarily stored in your web browser’s memory
- “Strictly Necessary” Cookies – These cookies are required so the website can function. No consent is required